August 9, 2013
My sister came home to spend her long weekend with us!(Yipee!!!) And of course if she's home, we get to bake something together, and this time we decided to bake three goodies! First of, we made this aromatic coconut macaroons that my husband requested. This is our first time to bake macaroons and we were kind of afraid that it might turn out disgusting, half-baked or over-baked. Fortunately, it turned out to be fantastic golden brown macaroons with the right amount of sweetness and soft inner texture!
We got the ingredients from Panlasang Pinoy website but we altered it a little to satisfy our taste buds.
So, for those who are craving for coconut macaroons, let us start by preparing these ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
400 grams or 14 oz condensed milk
250-300 grams desiccated or shredded coconut
1 tbsp vanilla extract
Now let us start whippin' and bakin'!
1. Cream the butter with fork.
2. Add the 1/2 cup butter gradually and mix well.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
4. Add the condensed milk, whisk again until you reach a thin creamy consistency.
5. Gradually add the desiccated coconut and evenly spread it till the mixture is thick but still creamy.
6. In a mold (we prefer the ones with paper liners), place 1 tbsp. of the mixture on each cup.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 370°F for 10 minutes.
8. Bake those babies for 20-30 minutes or until color turns golden brown.
9. Let it sit in the mold for 5 more minutes then take it out and put it on a wire rack to cool.
10. Enjoy your macaroons!