|With Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting!|
|Prepared for my Tita Ecar.|
|No sprinkles yet looks so good!|
|This one is for my Tita Fe|
Just a note, I tweaked this recipe a little because I cannot find sour cream, I used homemade buttermilk as a substitute. Came out perfect for me anyways. :)
But if you want the original recipe click this link -- Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake
Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake (with a tweak)
1/4 cup ( 2 oz) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup ( 7 oz) sugar
2 oz (57 grams) dark chocolate, chopped (I used Colatta Compound Dark Chocolate Bars)
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 large egg yolks, room temperature
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
2 tsp vanilla extract ( pls. use the real thing, makes a difference)
1/3 cup homemade buttermilk ( 1/3 cup milk then add 1/3 tbsp. vinegar or lemon)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup room temp. water
Way to whip it:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter with fork then add sugar and mix.
3. Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler or microwave. Now if you don't have any of these, you can improvise. Just don't let the bowl of chocolate touch the boiling water.
4. Once the melted chocolate is cool enough to touch, add it to the butter/sugar mixture. Mix well.
5. Add eggs one at a time. Mix until well combined.
6. Add the oil, vanilla and buttermilk into the mixture. Mix, mix, mix.
7. In another bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa powder. Use a fork or whisk to combine.
8. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture in three (3) parts. Make sure to mix well every addition to avoid lumps.
9. Mix in the water until combined.
9. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and pop it in the oven for 18 minutes.
10. When your timer rings, check the cupcakes by inserting a toothpick in the middle. Should come out clean. If there is just an insy, tinsy bit of chocolate in the toothpick, it's ok to take the cups out, it will still cook itself for a few minutes.
11. Immediately remove the cupcakes from the muffin pan and let cool in a wire rack.
12. Design your cupcakes or just eat them when cool already. I put chocolate cream cheese frosting in mine.
Savor your chocolate success friends! And don't forget to visit my blog for more yummy eats. Mmwwahhh!!!